RE: [dhcwg] Choosing a value for option 60 (Vendor Class ID)

Chris Pearson <chris.pearson@infocus.com> Wed, 05 June 2002 21:59 UTC

From: Chris Pearson <chris.pearson@infocus.com>
To: "'Patrick Guelat'" <patg@imp.ch>
Cc: "'dhcwg@ietf.org'" <dhcwg@ietf.org>, De Tran <de.tran@infocus.com>
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Choosing a value for option 60 (Vendor Class ID)
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 14:55:38 -0700
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

Patrick,

Thanks, exactly the kind of feedback I'm looking for.  In our case
(targeting corporate intranets), we expect network admins to type our class
identifier into DHCP server config UI, so we're somewhat concerned that it
be "admin friendly" (terse and self-descriptive).  Of course, there's always
cut-n-paste, so maybe that's not so important.  Thanks again for the
response.

Regards,
Chris