[dhcwg] Re: [ntpwg] Network Time Protocol (NTP) Options for DHCPv6

"TS Glassey" <tglassey@earthlink.net> Wed, 14 November 2007 13:11 UTC

From: TS Glassey <tglassey@earthlink.net>
To: "David L. Mills" <mills@udel.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 10:52:59 -0800
Cc: ntpwg@lists.ntp.org, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: [dhcwg] Re: [ntpwg] Network Time Protocol (NTP) Options for DHCPv6

Dave I can understand the ISC's goal in using DHCP but how does this
work for the users?

DHCP also has problems with being constrained to the same subnet unless
provisions are made for its propagation... maning that without special
provisions for propagating DHCP across a local subnet this may not be of any
use at all. Especially since today its VERY rare to find anyone who wants to
route DHCP through their network, so maybe the IETF's new NEA protocol could
be a solution for this???

Todd