RE: [dhcwg] Assigning DHCPv6 option codes

"Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se> Wed, 23 January 2002 07:45 UTC

From: "Bernie Volz (EUD)" <Bernie.Volz@am1.ericsson.se>
To: 'Ralph Droms' <rdroms@cisco.com>, dhcwg@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [dhcwg] Assigning DHCPv6 option codes
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:34:39 -0600
Sender: dhcwg-admin@ietf.org

One other issue related to the DHCPv6 option space ...

To my recollection and quick browsing of the -22 draft, I do not recall us ever carving out a
portion of the option space for "private" (site-specific?) options.

Should we say that options numbers 32768 to 65535 are reserved for "private" (site-specific?) options. This is a fairly large space, but then again if we have 32767 defined options we'd likely need very large packets to communicate them all.

- Bernie