Re: [dhcwg] Last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ldra-01

Alfred Hönes <ah@TR-Sys.de> Thu, 26 November 2009 22:38 UTC

From: Alfred Hönes <ah@TR-Sys.de>
To: dhcwg@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:37:10 +0100
Subject: Re: [dhcwg] Last call on draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-ldra-01

Folks,
I also support this draft.

I have studied it again and found a bunch of additional editorial
nits that need to be addressed before publication, but simply don't
have the cycles available for a complete writeup this (+next) week.

The only detail IMHO important for clarity is adding precision in
the figures in sections 7.1 through 7.3 :
The arrow lines below the network diagrams should be extended to
precisely represent the span of the IPv6 links; since the LDRA
is operating at layer 2, no IPv6 link can terminate in an LDRA;
so all arrows should end below an interface of either a "Client",
"Relay*", or "Server" box (where 'interface' in the artwork means
the part of the graphical representation of the node that joins
the line representing the physical link).
I had mentioned this in an earlier review, including detailed
examples of how the artwork might better look like, but these
recommendations have not been followed so far.

Also, the [L2RA] ref. needs to be updated.

I'll try to compile the list of editorials soon, but that should
not hold off the draft now.

Kind regards,
  Alfred Hönes.

--

| TR-Sys Alfred Hoenes   |  Alfred Hoenes   Dipl.-Math., Dipl.-Phys.  |