Re: [Diffserv] parameters section missing from the Diffserv PIB

Yacine.El_Mghazli@alcatel.fr Mon, 16 September 2002 12:56 UTC

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 14:25:51 +0200
From: Yacine.El_Mghazli@alcatel.fr
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
Cc: Kwok Ho Chan <khchan@NortelNetworks.com>, Lemponen Jussi <juzi@cs.tut.fi>, diffserv@ietf.org, rap@ops.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Diffserv] parameters section missing from the Diffserv PIB
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

please see bellow

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" a écrit :

> > Kwok Ho Chan wrote:
> >
> > > Yacine, Jussi:
> > > The Diffserv PIB already IMPORT Dscp and IfDirection from different
> > > modules of
> > > the Diffserv MIB.  So I did not think there is any issue to
> > > also reused the definitions
> >

> > ok for reuse but here we're talking about OIDs...
> > my question is: what is the signification of MIB-specific
> > OIDs within a PIB ?
> >
> I suspect that you have NOT yet gone to the diffserv MIB to take
> a look as to what those OIDs are representing. Once you do that,
> I think it should be pretty clear.

I suspect that you suspect easily... let me know if I cant ask questions
about things I dont understand (be sure I looked for answers before
asking on the list).

** example:
diffServTBParamSimpleTokenBucket OID = mib-2.97.3.1
this OID has a meaning in the MIB tree, but it has not in the PIB tree.
it seems that it's just a pointer towards the MIB and I was wondering
about the conssistency with the PIB namespace.

thank you Kwok for your explanations
yacine