RE: [Diffserv] Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: Re: authors 48 hours: RFC 3289<draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-16.txt> NOW AVAILABLE

"Andrew Smith" <ah_smith@acm.org> Fri, 30 August 2002 03:06 UTC

From: "Andrew Smith" <ah_smith@acm.org>
To: <diffserv@ietf.org>
Subject: RE: [Diffserv] Re: Fwd: RE: Fwd: Re: authors 48 hours: RFC 3289<draft-ietf-diffserv-mib-16.txt> NOW AVAILABLE
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 19:41:56 -0700
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

I'm not convinced that now is the right time to be updating this MIB
and/or the RFC that includes it. Some of Tom Irwin's first set of
comments fix errors but some (and all of his second set of comments) are
clarifications, as were most of mine from May 3th 2002 (below). If we
must, then I'd suggest just fixing the syntax errors in the MIB module.
But don't things like this usually wait for a "natural" refresh cycle
e.g. an attempt to move an RFC to Draft standard? I'd hate to
destabilise anyone's plans to implement the current RFC. We've got
published/archived fixes on the record so I don't see the urgency to
update (other than tidiness). And it's quite likely that we'd be able to
remove 20 pages or more with the benefit of another year or so more
implementation experience.

Just my thoughts - I don't have any significant stake in any current
implementation plans so it really ought to be up to others to say what
they want done.

Andrew Smith