RE: [Diffserv] parameters section missing from the Diffserv PIB

"Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com> Fri, 13 September 2002 17:48 UTC

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
To: Yacine El Mghazli <yacine.el_mghazli@alcatel.fr>, Kwok Ho Chan <khchan@NortelNetworks.com>
Cc: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>, Lemponen Jussi <juzi@cs.tut.fi>, diffserv@ietf.org, rap@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: [Diffserv] parameters section missing from the Diffserv PIB
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 19:18:41 +0200
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

> Kwok Ho Chan wrote:
>
> > Yacine, Jussi:
> > The Diffserv PIB already IMPORT Dscp and IfDirection from different
> > modules of
> > the Diffserv MIB.  So I did not think there is any issue to
> > also reused the definitions
>

> ok for reuse but here we're talking about OIDs...
> my question is: what is the signification of MIB-specific
> OIDs within a PIB ?

I suspect that you have NOT yet gone to the diffserv MIB to take
a look as to what those OIDs are representing. Once you do that,
I think it should be pretty clear.

Bert
> In the previous versions of the PIB draft, these were identified by
> PRIDS, they pointed towards a PRC within the same PIB... how does it
> work now ?

No, this is incorrect. In earlier versions, they were OBJECT IDENTIFIERS
which basically DUPLICATED what was already in the MIB. And because of
that duplication I (in my role of PIB/MIB reviewer) recommended that the
OIDs from the MIB should be re-used.

Bert

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/diffserv/curre