Re: [Diffserv] RE: FW: FlowId and FlowIdOrAny

Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com> Tue, 28 January 2003 12:52 UTC

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 13:39:57 +0100
From: Brian E Carpenter <brian@hursley.ibm.com>
To: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen@lucent.com>
Cc: "Rap-wg (E-mail)" <rap@ops.ietf.org>, Diffserv@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Diffserv] RE: FW: FlowId and FlowIdOrAny
Sender: diffserv-admin@ietf.org

Bert,

I'm not too distressed if we have to update the diffserv
MIB; there isn't evidence of widespread deployment yet, so
I think it's better to do it quickly. I agree that a common
solution is desirable.

The basic definition of the flow label still hasn't reached
last call in the IPv6 WG (I am a co-author of that draft). So
I don't think you could run your mini-MIB proposal past the
WG "quickly", until the flow label has been through last call.

   Brian