Re: [Dime] DOIC: Proposed resolution to issue #35

Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com> Mon, 05 May 2014 14:09 UTC

From: Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 09:09:25 -0500
To: "Wiehe, Ulrich (NSN - DE/Munich)" <ulrich.wiehe@nsn.com>
Cc: "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dime] DOIC: Proposed resolution to issue #35

I think the issue needs non-trivial thought, and it wasn't one of our initial requirements. I'm okay if it gets into the base draft, but I'd hate to delay completion of the base draft over it.

Some examples of areas that need further thought: Have we thought through all the use cases for this? Why do we assume we never need "agent-specific" overload reports? Can we do this in a way that doesn't require different normative language for agents and clients when acting as reporting nodes?

My instinct is that the real answer to this is to add a (probably optional) AVP that contains the diameter identity of the "targeted" reacting-node. But we would need to think through use cases first.