Re: [Dime] #52: Throttling not needed to be based on previous history - conclusion

"TROTTIN, JEAN-JACQUES (JEAN-JACQUES)" <jean-jacques.trottin@alcatel-lucent.com> Fri, 21 February 2014 18:11 UTC

From: "TROTTIN, JEAN-JACQUES (JEAN-JACQUES)" <jean-jacques.trottin@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 18:11:05 +0000
x-originating-ip: [135.239.27.39]
Subject: Re: [Dime] #52: Throttling not needed to be based on previous history - conclusion

Hi MCruz, Steve

I also agree on the "would send " instead of the "would have sent"  for sure.  But I have  a small concern/ clarification  about the Steve comment on   "for the period that the overload report is active" and the example to which it refers.

During the time the OLR is active, which may be rather long,  the traffic the reacting node would send may be 100 packet  when it has just received the OLR. A bit later, the traffic it would send could be 120 (or 80), and from the OLR definition,   it would send 120x0,9 (or 80* 0,9) packets, on  which I agree. This is in line  with the every 10th packet dropping  on which I also agree.

As the text   would  be written with the Steve modification , we may understand it is  80 Packet during all the time  the OLR is active. Not yet think to an alternative text, but first to see if you agree with my remark.

JJacques