Re: [Dime] Questions regarding RFC 6733

Yuval Lifshitz <ylifshitz@sandvine.com> Wed, 08 March 2017 07:19 UTC

From: Yuval Lifshitz <ylifshitz@sandvine.com>
To: "jouni.nospam" <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>, Ajinkya Joshi <ajoshi@definitionnetworks.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 07:19:06 +0000
x-originating-ip: [192.168.196.10]
x-c2processedorg: b2f06e69-072f-40ee-90c5-80a34e700794
Cc: "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Dime] Questions regarding RFC 6733

Regarding (1), another possible implementation would be that upon receiving a new connection from the same host, you would tear down the existing connection and allow the new one. This would be useful in the case that a client became deadlocked or didn't shutdown properly, and a new client tries to take over and continue the work of the stalled ones.