Re: [Dime] freeDiameter 1.0.0 released

"Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net> Fri, 27 August 2010 18:47 UTC

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:44:52 +0200
From: Hannes Tschofenig <Hannes.Tschofenig@gmx.net>
To: Sebastien Decugis <sdecugis@nict.go.jp>, "dime@ietf.org"@core3.amsl.com, dime@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Dime] freeDiameter 1.0.0 released

Hi Sebastien,

I just wanted to say how happy I am about this open source version of Diameter. At the time when your announcement was sent to the list I was sitting in the AAA doctors team lunch meeting at the IETF #78 and spoke about the need to have more running code and other things one should be doing in the DIME/RADEXT working group beyond just writing specifications.

I hope that folks in the group will use your Diameter implementation to write their specification as an extension so that we can be more confident about the quality of our work.

Although I have not yet looked at the code you have produced I was wondering how easy/difficult it would be to let your code to interact with some of the FreeRADIUS code. FreeRADIUS is quite strong in the interworking with backend databases and you ideally want to have that as well. Have you thought about this issue of integrating the freeDiameter in an existing IT infrastructure?

Ciao
Hannes