Re: [Dime] Proposed Example Text for draft-docdt-dime-ovli-01

"Wiehe, Ulrich (NSN - DE/Munich)" <ulrich.wiehe@nsn.com> Wed, 27 November 2013 15:33 UTC

From: "Wiehe, Ulrich (NSN - DE/Munich)" <ulrich.wiehe@nsn.com>
To: ext Jouni Korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>, Ben Campbell <ben@nostrum.com>, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:33:10 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.159.42.108]
Subject: Re: [Dime] Proposed Example Text for draft-docdt-dime-ovli-01

Jouni,

with regard to 2) I agree with Ben and you.

For 3) I find it beneficial to distinguish between a) an Overload Report that requests a traffic reduction for traffic destined to a specific Host and b) an Overload Report that requests a traffic reduction for traffic to (an unspecified Host within) a specific Realm.
It may however be possible to implicitly derive the ReportType (Host or Realm) from the presence/absence of a Destination Host in the corresponding request message. That means: only one OLR in an anwer, no explicit ReportType in the OLR. I think this proposal is more inline with the end-point concept.

Ulrich