[Dime] RE : RE: RE : Re: draft reply LS to 3GPP SA5 on RFC 4006..

<lionel.morand@orange.com> Tue, 09 August 2016 07:38 UTC

Return-Path: <lionel.morand@orange.com>
X-Original-To: dime@ietfa.amsl.com
Delivered-To: dime@ietfa.amsl.com
Received: from localhost (localhost [127.0.0.1]) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 5D52F12D0DF for <dime@ietfa.amsl.com>; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 00:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
X-Virus-Scanned: amavisd-new at amsl.com
X-Spam-Flag: NO
X-Spam-Score: -2.618
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-2.618 tagged_above=-999 required=5 tests=[BAYES_00=-1.9, FREEMAIL_FROM=0.001, HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, RCVD_IN_DNSWL_LOW=-0.7, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H3=-0.01, RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_WL=-0.01, SPF_PASS=-0.001, UNPARSEABLE_RELAY=0.001] autolearn=ham autolearn_force=no
Received: from mail.ietf.org ([4.31.198.44]) by localhost (ietfa.amsl.com [127.0.0.1]) (amavisd-new, port 10024) with ESMTP id fAHN4G0Gr2iM for <dime@ietfa.amsl.com>; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 00:37:57 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from relais-inet.francetelecom.com (relais-ias92.francetelecom.com [193.251.215.92]) (using TLSv1.2 with cipher AECDH-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits)) (No client certificate requested) by ietfa.amsl.com (Postfix) with ESMTPS id E56C712B01F for <dime@ietf.org>; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 00:37:55 -0700 (PDT)
Received: from omfedm05.si.francetelecom.fr (unknown [xx.xx.xx.1]) by omfedm13.si.francetelecom.fr (ESMTP service) with ESMTP id AC39E324679; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 09:37:54 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from Exchangemail-eme2.itn.ftgroup (unknown [10.114.31.69]) by omfedm05.si.francetelecom.fr (ESMTP service) with ESMTP id 8879835C06C; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 09:37:54 +0200 (CEST)
Received: from OPEXCLILM43.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup ([fe80::ec23:902:c31f:731c]) by OPEXCLILMA2.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup ([fe80::bc1c:ad2f:eda3:8c3d%18]) with mapi id 14.03.0301.000; Tue, 9 Aug 2016 09:37:54 +0200
From: <lionel.morand@orange.com>
To: "Gardella, Maryse (Nokia - FR)" <maryse.gardella@nokia.com>, "Yuval Lifshitz" <ylifshitz@sandvine.com>, "jouni.nospam@gmail.com" <jouni.nospam@gmail.com>, "dime@ietf.org" <dime@ietf.org>
Thread-Topic: =?utf-8?B?UkXCoDogUkU6IFtEaW1lXSBSRcKgOiBSZTogIGRyYWZ0IHJlcGx5IExTIHRv?= =?utf-8?Q?_3GPP_SA5_on_RFC_4006..?=
Thread-Index: AdHyEPCJSSr834n4RyuRg1KcnkwOwA==
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 07:37:53 +0000
Message-ID: <13484_1470728274_57A98852_13484_561_1_6B7134B31289DC4FAF731D844122B36E01F58769@OPEXCLILM43.corporate.adroot.infra.ftgroup>
Accept-Language: fr-FR, en-US
Content-Language: fr-FR
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_000_6B7134B31289DC4FAF731D844122B36E01F58769OPEXCLILM43corp_"
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-PMX-Version: 6.2.1.2478543, Antispam-Engine: 2.7.2.2107409, Antispam-Data: 2016.6.17.114517
Archived-At: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/dime/n47uEy_3X_iSkqTHvBnfY3u9nts>
Subject: [Dime] =?utf-8?b?UkXCoDogUkU6ICBSRcKgOiBSZTogIGRyYWZ0IHJlcGx5IExT?= =?utf-8?q?_to_3GPP_SA5_on_RFC_4006=2E=2E?=
X-BeenThere: dime@ietf.org
X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.17
Precedence: list
List-Id: Diameter Maintanence and Extentions Working Group <dime.ietf.org>
List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/dime>, <mailto:dime-request@ietf.org?subject=unsubscribe>
List-Archive: <https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/dime/>
List-Post: <mailto:dime@ietf.org>
List-Help: <mailto:dime-request@ietf.org?subject=help>
List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime>, <mailto:dime-request@ietf.org?subject=subscribe>
X-List-Received-Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2016 07:38:00 -0000

Hi Maryse,

Please below.

Regards,

Lionel

Le 9 août 2016 09:30, "Gardella, Maryse (Nokia - FR)" <maryse.gardella@nokia.com> a écrit :
>
> Hi,
>
>
>
> I would also favor having the two questions from the 3GPP LS repeated as per suggestion below:
>
>
>
> “The IETF DIME WG has discussed both options raised in the LS from 3GPP SA5:
>
> •             Is IETF RFC 4006 planned to be updated in order to rely on IETF RFC 6733 as the new Diameter Base protocol?
>
> •             If not, are there any recommendations from IETF on how to address the implicit reference to IETF RFC 3588 as Diameter Base Protocol for 3GPP SA5 Diameter Online charging through use of IETF RFC 4006?
>
> and the decision was made to update of the IETF RFC 4006 as per the first option.”
>
>
>
> Beside this, I am not sure to understand the sentence below in the context of this LS:
>
> “In the present case, any document using the IETF RFC 3588 as reference for the Diameter base protocol should be updated to refer to the new IETF RFC 6733. Therefore, as a general guideline, the IETF DIME WG recommends 3GPP WGs to follow this recommendation in their specifications when applicable”. Especially what is intended to be conveyed  behind “In the present case”?
>

"In the present  case" refers to the RFC 3588 "obsoleted-by" the RFC 6733.

>
> Maryse
>
>
>
> From: DiME [mailto:dime-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of lionel.morand@orange.com
> Sent: dimanche 7 août 2016 15:56
> To: Yuval Lifshitz; jouni.nospam@gmail.com; dime@ietf.org
> Subject: [Dime] RE : Re: draft reply LS to 3GPP SA5 on RFC 4006..
>
>
>
> Of course :)
>
> Lionel
>
> Le 7 août 2016 07:54, Yuval Lifshitz <ylifshitz@sandvine.com> a écrit :
>
> Did you mean?
>
> " As a reminder, the IETF RFC 6733 does not define a new Diameter base protocol but is a new version of the specification defining the Diameter base protocol."
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DiME [mailto:dime-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Jouni Korhonen
> Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 8:41 PM
> To: dime@ietf.org
> Subject: [Dime] draft reply LS to 3GPP SA5 on RFC 4006..
>
> Folks,
>
> Lionel and I have been drafting a reply LS to 3GPP SA5 (and CC CT3/CT4).
> This is the current draft. Comments are welcome. One question is (Lionel favours, I disagree ;) whether we should repeat the two questions 3GPP asked from us or assume they can look it up from the origial LS.
>
> - Jouni & Lionel
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> The IETF DIME WG thanks the 3GPP SA5 WG for their LS and query regarding the IETF RFC 4006 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/1470/).
>
> The IETF DIME WG has discussed both options raised in the LS from 3GPP
> SA5 and the decision was made to update of the IETF RFC 4006 (the option 1). The aim of this update is to align the Diameter Credit-Control application specification with the IETF RFC 6733, fix existing known issues in the current specification and comply with the recommendations given in the IETF RFC 7423 on the design of Diameter application. The time line for the completion of the RFC 4006 update is set to November 2017.
>
> As a reminder, the IETF RFC 3588 does not define a new Diameter base protocol but is a new version of the specification defining the Diameter base protocol. The IETF RFC 3588 is obsoleted by the IETF RFC 6733, as defined in the IETF RFC 2223:
>
>     Obsoleted-by
>
>        To be used to refer to the newer document(s) that replaces the
>        older document.
>
> In the present case, any document using the IETF RFC 3588 as reference for the Diameter base protocol should be updated to refer to the new IETF RFC 6733. Therefore, as a general guideline, the IETF DIME WG recommends 3GPP WGs to follow this recommendation in their specifications when applicable.
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> DiME@ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> DiME@ietf.org
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>
> _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>
>
>
> Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
>
> pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
>
> a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
>
> Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.
>
>
>
> This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
>
> they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
>
> If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
>
> As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
>
> Thank you.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.