Re: [Din] blockchain for IP addresses draft update

Jordi Paillissé Vilanova <jordip@ac.upc.edu> Wed, 04 July 2018 11:28 UTC

To: David Mazieres expires 2018-09-30 PDT <mazieres-pebagr7ysjghwpqkcqqnjjf4ta@temporary-address.scs.stanford.edu>, sidrops@ietf.org, din@irtf.org, Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, sandy@tislabs.com, Greg Skinner <gregskinner0@icloud.com>, leo@vegoda.org, "natal@cisco.com" <natal@cisco.com>, Vina Ermagan <vermagan@cisco.com>, Fabio Maino <fmaino@cisco.com>, Albert Cabellos <acabello@ac.upc.edu>, opsec@ietf.org
From: Jordi Paillissé Vilanova <jordip@ac.upc.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2018 13:28:11 +0200
Subject: Re: [Din] blockchain for IP addresses draft update

Hi David,

Indeed, we did not delve deeper into the PoS algorithm. This depends on
the specific implementation, our opinion is that an Algroand-like would
be a good option, and if it can tolerate a large portion of offline
participants even better. In addition, we think that punishing or
deposit mechanisms are not desirable because they don't fit the
characteristics of the scenario. Overall the incentive is "a more secure
Internet", we believe that this is well-aligned with the economical
interests of the participants.

Regarding SCP, the fact that you only need to trust your neighbours may
prove very convenient in this scenario. As you said, it reflects current
Internet trust schemes, this basically means that BGP Peering = Trust =
Stellar quorum slices. We'll look into this for the next iteration of
the draft.

Thanks

Jordi

El 02/07/18 a les 17:59, David Mazieres ha escrit: