Re: [Din] Draft / Specification of the GNU Name System

"Schanzenbach, Martin" <schanzen@gnunet.org> Fri, 19 March 2021 10:29 UTC

From: "Schanzenbach, Martin" <schanzen@gnunet.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2021 11:29:35 +0100
To: din@irtf.org
Subject: Re: [Din] Draft / Specification of the GNU Name System

Dear DINRG,

this WG seems inactive and consequently we are kind of in limbo at the moment.
Considering that a recent IAB report basically screams decentralization and
specifically mentions naming [1], we are convinced our draft is still very much relevant,
and such topics are discussed at IETF.
We would like to improve upon the draft and get into more
discussions with interested experts, but we get the feeling this may not be the
correct WG where this is discussed?
As written before we still believe that given the charter of DINRG
this should be the right place for our topic.
If there were other discussions happening on this list we would have inferred that
there is no interest in the draft, but the only response on this ML is the mail from
Dirk indicating interest in it.

We are not sure how to proceed.
Will there be a meeting this year? Would this draft be the only topic?
Are you waiting for additional topics to come up?

If there is no technical feedback to be had for us within this WG, organizational
pointers on how to proceed would be welcome.
Should we go back to secdispatch?
Should we move into independent stream?

Best
Martin