Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt

Yoshiro YONEYA <yone@jprs.co.jp> Wed, 28 February 2007 05:03 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:51:04 +0900
From: Yoshiro YONEYA <yone@jprs.co.jp>
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org
Subject: Fw: I-D ACTION:draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt

Hi, all.

I wrote an I-D which discusses how IRIs should be recognized and how to
be handled.  The background is that many of applications can recognize
URIs in unstructured text data, but IRIs are exception although use of
IDNs/IRIs is getting popular.

If you have interested in, please take a look and give your comments.
Also, I'd like to have time slot at APPAREA BoF in Prague to explain
the I-D.

Thanks,

--
Yoshiro YONEYA <yone@jprs.co.jp>
--- Begin Message ---

	Title		: IRI recognition in Applications
	Author(s)	: Y. Yoneya
	Filename	: draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2007-2-27

   Nowadays access to the Internet is a part of daily life.  Users see
   URIs written in various ways on various media, recognize them as "the
   Internet Addresses", and use them to access to the Internet.  Many
   application programs recognize URIs automatically and make links to
   them, so the users can access to the URIs very easily.  But, at this
   moment, most of application programs can't recognize
   Internationalized Domain Name (IDN) and Internationalized URI (IRI)
   correctly, so users will feel stress when using IDNs and IRIs.

   Utilization of the IDNs and the IRIs are getting higher.  Therefore,
   improvement of the application programs are highly recommended.  This
   document is intended to be an application developpers' guideline for
   recognizing and corresponding to IDNs/IRIs correctly.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
i-d-announce-request@ietf.org with the word unsubscribe in the body of
the message.
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
"get draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt"><ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yoneya-iri-recognition-00.txt>