RE: Reigistry for tv:URI's

"Deventer, M.O. \(Oskar\) van" <oskar.vandeventer@tno.nl> Tue, 03 October 2006 09:00 UTC

Subject: RE: Reigistry for tv:URI's
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 11:00:32 +0200
From: "Deventer, M.O. (Oskar) van" <oskar.vandeventer@tno.nl>
To: discuss@apps.ietf.org, "Lear, Eliot" <lear@cisco.com>
Cc: "Keesmaat, N.W. (Iko)" <iko.keesmaat@tno.nl>, "Zigmond, Dan" <djz@google.com>

Dear Eliot,

> FCC CDBS database ...
> ... available via OFCOM ...
> Is this something you will take advantage of?
What we would like to have is a registry that associates identifying
information with tv:URIs. As such, information from the databases that
you mentioned could be useful:
1) When registring a TV broadcast, there should be proof that the TV
broadcast exists. Info in the FCC database could serve as such a proof.
2) Moreover, the tv:URI registration could include a reference to that
info in the FCC (or OFCOM) databases.

Note that we also want to include TV broadcasts that are not associated
to terrestrial frequencies, e.g. cable TV, satellite TV and IPTV.

Oskar