X.500 Implementation Catalog Available

Ruth Lang <rlang@NISC.SRI.COM> Wed, 17 July 1991 23:59 UTC

To: disi
Cc: wright@lbl.gov, rlang@NISC.SRI.COM
Subject: X.500 Implementation Catalog Available
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1991 16:58:47 -0000
From: Ruth Lang <rlang@NISC.SRI.COM>

Folks,

A complete draft of the X.500 Implementation Survey Catalog document
is now available for your advance review.  For now, please treat this
document as DISI-private.  Our goal is to get this document into the
Internet-Draft system before IETF; at that time it will become
available to the general public.  In order to meet this goal, we've
set the following schedule:

7/17	  	Advertise to DISI and Implementation Description Authors
7/22, 8a PDT	1st Round of Comments Due
7/24		Incorporate Comments, Email to I-D Editor
7/29		Discuss at IETF

There will be ample time for revision while the document is in
Internet-Draft form.  We have allowed a brief period for internal and
author review in order to catch any significant problems.

You may retrieve it via anonymous ftp from either site as follows:

nic.lbl.gov				ftp.nisc.sri.com
cd disi					cd pub/disi
get implementation-survey.txt		get implementation-survey.txt

Any comments on both content and format are encouraged; send them to
disi@merit.edu.  One note regarding format.  Section 2.2 contains a
keyword index that now appears in a single column.  We are working
with ISI to obtain a magic incantation to fix nroff 2 column output
problems.  When we have done so, we will produce a version with the
revised formatting.

Russ Wright
Ruth Lang