Survey Review Process

Ruth Lang <rlang@NISC.SRI.COM> Fri, 10 May 1991 17:25 UTC

To: disi
Cc: rlang@NISC.SRI.COM
Subject: Survey Review Process
Date: Fri, 10 May 1991 10:24:53 -0700
From: Ruth Lang <rlang@NISC.SRI.COM>

Folks,

Since the due date for receipt of survey input has officially past,
Russ and I would like to move forward toward making them into an
RFC/FYI.  Here's the process that we will employ and a proposed
schedule.

1. All DISI members will be requested to review the submissions.  They
   will be offered via anonymous ftp at a site at LBL.  (Available
   5/14, comments requested by 5/28).  Note that Russ will send a
   message on the 14th confirming the availability of the drafts and
   advertising the ftp site.

2. Comments by DISI members will be collated by Russ and Ruth and sent
   to the authors.  (By 5/31)

3. Authors will modify their survey forms as suggested by DISI.  They
   will be invited to open a dialogue with DISI if they disagree with
   a suggested change.  (Returned by 6/7).

4. All DISI members will be requested to review the 2nd drafts.
   They'll be available for anonymous at the same site at LBL.
   (Available by 6/12, final comments requested by 6/21).

5. Russ and Ruth will write introduction, purpose, etc., devise a list
   of keywords and create an index.  (Outline by 5/31, first draft for
   DISI review by 6/17).

6. Advertise as an Internet Draft.  (By 6/28).

7. Finalize at July IETF meeting; move toward RFC status.

Any input on this is welcome.

Ruth

p.s. - I will be on vacation from the 13th through the 27th.  Please
direct all email to Russ during that period but remember to cc
rlang@nisc.sri.com.  Thanks.