Re: [Disman] [Errata Rejected] RFC3877 (1652)

"Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org> Wed, 12 May 2010 12:01 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 06:01:05 -0600
From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@openss7.org>
To: Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn@mindspring.com>
Cc: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>, Disman <disman@ietf.org>, schishol@nortelnetworks.com
Subject: Re: [Disman] [Errata Rejected] RFC3877 (1652)

Randy,

I should have also given you the comment from the M.3100 GDMOS:

-- 7.3.13 alarmStatus
-- The semantics of alarmStatus defined in ITU-T Recommendation M.3100
-- are different from alarmStatus defined in ITU-T Recommendation X.721
-- and ITU-T Recommendation X.731.  This difference in semantics is
-- deliberate and reflects the requirement of Telecom Operators to have
-- an aggregated or consolidated alarm status for alarm management.

--brian