Re: [dispatch] [Secdispatch] A protocol for anonymity

"RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel)" <rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org> Tue, 12 March 2019 10:42 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 03:42:49 -0700
From: "RFC ISE (Adrian Farrel)" <rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org>
To: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
Cc: Martin <martin@gwerder.net>, "Salz, Rich" <rsalz@akamai.com>, "rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org" <rfc-ise@rfc-editor.org>, "secdispatch@ietf.org" <secdispatch@ietf.org>, "dispatch@ietf.org" <dispatch@ietf.org>, "sec-ads@ietf.org" <sec-ads@ietf.org>, "art-ads@ietf.org" <art-ads@ietf.org>, "draft-gwerder-messagevortexmain@ietf.org" <draft-gwerder-messagevortexmain@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] [Secdispatch] A protocol for anonymity

Thanks Barry,

Useful comments.

To be clear on the ISE position, here...

If there is a home for this work in the IETF (or possibly the IRTF), I
would be delighted to see the work moved there, discussed, updated, and
published with IETF consensus. That is, in fact, the purpose of this
thread.

Although it may be late for a presentation in Prague, I believe that the
corridors in the Hilton will be fully functional, and that the mailing
lists run 24x7 so we should at least be able to get an idea of whether
there is support to look at this in the IETF. (I am getting a strong hint
that that is the case, but as yet no firm commitment from a WG chair that
their mailing list is the place to focus the conversation.)

Thanks,
Adrian

--
Adrian Farrel (ISE),