[dispatch] Cullen raw notes from Dispatch Session IETF93

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca> Wed, 22 July 2015 08:57 UTC

From: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@iii.ca>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 10:57:53 +0200
To: IETF Dispatch <dispatch@ietf.org>
Cc: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
Subject: [dispatch] Cullen raw notes from Dispatch Session IETF93

Theses are not the official minutes just some random notes I took as an individual contributor. The chairs will merge various notes together and form the minutes.

---------------

Minute taker: Jean Mahoney

Agenda based to put ICE first.

Would like to move all the ICE stuff in mmusic out to a separate WG.

Flemming raise there is core ICE work and ICE SDP work. Need to get clarity on on

No one spoke against forming new ICE WG.

* We need to send the charter to the dispatch list.

----------------------

Matroska / ffv1  - start 9:18

Q. around what is internet standard
- more IETF has right openness

Q. do these need to be done together
- could be separated but both useful

Q. why not at SMPTE
- specs there are behind a paywall

Q. does development community meet in person
- mostly not

Q. what is the support in development community to bring this
- support from both
Q. Will they join actively
- depends on outcome of if the IETF wants, both communities want to have these

Mary -  clear there is interest in the room

Q. Do we have people people willing to review this work
- we had more than a handful of people
- need to get the

* Action Chairs - ping the netvc and codec list

---------------------------------

GeoJson - start 9:50

- not addressing location, location objects etc

- described some of the changes wanted to the spec

Discussion around geopriv and privacy. One can look at Geo URL and there is a difference between specifying a location, and attaching that to something such as a device.  GeoJSON may be a layer down from the geolocation issues.

Probably an interesting technical conversation around if relation of this and a geopriv location object.

Who in room would sign up mailing list, read docs, and provide feedback?

Handfull of people in the room said yes

----------------

Location Source - start 10:15

Asked who had read it
- had a handfull of people in room

Proposal - have the authors spin a rev of this document that clarifies this privcay and usage issue.

No one was opposed to doing somehtin

Received Real - via parameter

Propose we AD sponsor this but decision to be made by AD after security review. Use SIP Core mailing list. Need security review - we should ask EKR. And a side note that Adam Roach would make a great shepherd for draft.

SLIM - start 10:38

Some discussion around routing. Multiple that had previously had issues had not problem with this version of charter.

The charter is designed to allow the WG to decide what to do with routing or not.

Will likely change words to not require a recharter

Further discussion of charter to happen on slim mailing list