Re: [dispatch] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-johnston-dispatch-osrtp-00.txt

"Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com> Wed, 04 November 2015 13:31 UTC

From: "Hutton, Andrew" <andrew.hutton@unify.com>
To: Laura Liess <laura.liess.dt@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:30:57 +0000
Cc: "dispatch@ietf.org" <dispatch@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-johnston-dispatch-osrtp-00.txt

Agree with Laura what we are doing here is aligning existing implementations that already exist in the field and document that in and RFC so that we can move forward with regard to deployment of SRTP in SIP Trunking environments.

Currently RFC 5763 is not supported at all in this environment and I have not heard a single voice in support of using SDP capability negotiation for SIP Trunking.

Moving forward with the draft is our best chance of seeing SRTP start to be deployed with SIP Trunking.

Andy