Re: [dispatch] [AVT] Proposal to form Internet Wideband Audio Codec WG

Henry Sinnreich <hsinnrei@adobe.com> Tue, 02 June 2009 16:12 UTC

From: Henry Sinnreich <hsinnrei@adobe.com>
To: Roni Even <Even.roni@huawei.com>, Jean-Marc Valin <jean-marc.valin@octasic.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:12:26 -0700
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: "dispatch@ietf.org" <dispatch@ietf.org>, Slava Borilin <Borilin@spiritdsp.com>, "avt@ietf.org" <avt@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dispatch] [AVT] Proposal to form Internet Wideband Audio Codec WG

>This leaves the other reasons I heard for doing it at the IETF which is the
>price of participating

This is an important point.
Given the travel constraints for some of the most valuable potential contributors and reviewers, could we envisage online work until the economy improves, so that an eventual BOF to start with should not be starved of attendees? An online BOF?

There are several free online meeting tools available...

How can this be done within the IETF policy?

Henry