Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] Ticket #55 - Clarify legal and privacy implications of failure reports

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Dec 2020 15:59:22 -0500

In article <[email-masked]> you write:
>
>On 12/29/20 12:10 PM, John Levine wrote:
>> A lot of tiny non-profits like Girl Scout troops use email addresses
>> at webmail providers and send their announcements through ESPs like
>> Constant Contact and Mailchimp.  This is yet another situation where
>> DMARC can't describe an entirely normal mail setup.
>>
>> Constant Contact apparently got Yahoo to give them a signing key,
>> at least temporarily, but that doesn't scale.
>
>What gmail does for gsuite is generates (or not, who knows) a key and 
>gives you the selector to add to your dns. I don't see why that doesn't 
>scale for all situations.

To point out the obvious, because they use a single address at
yahoo.com or gmail.com or hotmail.com, not a private domain. These are
tiny organizations that don't have a lot of computer expertise nor a
lot of need for it.