Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] Weaker single author signature
From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
To: Terry Zink <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2015 10:56:26 -0700
List-Id: "Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting, and Compliance \(DMARC\)" <dmarc.ietf.org>

On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Terry Zink <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
> Not sure how other big mailers would do it, but I would think it would be
> similar (especially Gmail).
>
>
>
At Facebook there are no longer any email-enabled mailbox services, so it's
not among the more interesting of the big cases except for the scale it
handles.  In terms of email it's just a forwarding service now.  So
inbound, it would check v=1 and v=2 and DMARC, and then hand the whole
package off to internal analysis machinery for a verdict.  If the message
survives, it's relayed; then, outbound, it would sign with v=1 and be done
because it's unlikely anything past that is an MLM.

Gmail, AOL, and Yahoo would be interesting to hear about.

-MSK