Re: [dmarc-ietf] DMARC policy overrides

Scott Kitterman <sklist@kitterman.com> Tue, 02 July 2013 18:58 UTC

From: Scott Kitterman <sklist@kitterman.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 14:58:09 -0400
To: "dmarc@ietf.org" <dmarc@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dmarc-ietf] DMARC policy overrides

Except you can't tell if DMARC applies to a message until DATA, so the only way to implement this is to change all SPF checks to after DATA whether they are related to DMARC or not.  I think imposing such architectural change on unrelated message processing is inappropriate. I think some discussion of this absent the 2119 words is fine.

Scott K