Re: [DMM] [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04

Joerg Ott <ott@in.tum.de> Sun, 17 November 2019 22:51 UTC

To: CARLOS JESUS BERNARDOS CANO <cjbc@it.uc3m.es>, Joerg Ott <jo@acm.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif.all@ietf.org, tsv-art@ietf.org, ietf@ietf.org, dmm <dmm@ietf.org>
From: Joerg Ott <ott@in.tum.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2019 06:51:32 +0800
Subject: Re: [DMM] [Tsv-art] Tsvart last call review of draft-ietf-dmm-pmipv6-dlif-04

Hi Carlos,

thanks for the update.  I checked and, well, I was hoping for more than
just a few statements in the text reflecting my comments below.
Actually, I was wondering if some of the protocol mechanisms would need
updating to make sure that everything works.

Given that the target of the document is experimental, missing bits may
not be such a big deal, it is for experimentation after all.  Still, for
example, pacing could be spec'ed more precisely.  And I am not sure how
much you guys thought about security associations altogether (I am not
a security person and I don't play one on TV either).  The secdir review
provided other comments.  Are all those taken care of now?

Best,
Jörg