[Dmsp] Fw: Independent submission FILE: draft-engelsma-dmsp-03.txt

Chris Cross <xcross@us.ibm.com> Tue, 31 July 2007 12:03 UTC

To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
From: Chris Cross <xcross@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 08:03:03 -0400
Cc: dmsp@ietf.org, jonathan.engelsma@motorola.com, Nathaniel S Borenstein <nborenst@us.ibm.com>, Barry Leiba <leiba@watson.ibm.com>, eburger@bea.com, Thomas Narten <tnarten@us.ibm.com>
Subject: [Dmsp] Fw: Independent submission FILE: draft-engelsma-dmsp-03.txt

Hi Cullen,
Barry Leiba discussed the subject draft with you in Chicago. My IBM
colleagues are encouraging me to seek AD sponsorship. We do need to
understand the work required. Since we attempted to form the WG last year,
the activity has quiesced somewhat. Our desire is to publish an
informational so as not to lose the work done to date until our research
implementations move into commercial deployment.

Can you elaborate on some of the changes you'd like to see and the work
you think is required? Here is the current draft, due to expire any day
now. We'll get a refresh out directly.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-engelsma-dmsp-03.txt

thanks,
chris

Chris Cross
Multimodal Browser Architect
_______________________
IBM Boca Raton
xcross@us.ibm.com
office 561 862 2102
fax 501 641 6727

----- Forwarded by Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM on 07/31/2007 07:38 AM
-----

Barry Leiba <leiba@watson.ibm.com> wrote on 07/30/2007 03:05:46 PM:

> OK, Chris, here's the result of my discussions last week about DMSP:
>
> Cullen Jennings (RAI AD) would be delighted to sponsor the document as
an
> AD-sponsored submission.  He thinks it's good work and should have
> the support of
> the IESG -- and the broader review.  On the other hand (or maybe
> "moreover"), he
> thinks that it needs a significant, though not huge, bit of work to make
sure
> that it dovetails with other work in the IETF -- stuff that Eric
> Burger is aware
> of and can help you with as he reviews it.
>
> Eric is willing to go either way with you: either to review it as an
> individual
> submission, or work with you to get it ready for Cullen to sponsor it.
The