[Dmsp] Re: DMSP BOF

Nathaniel S Borenstein <nborenst@us.ibm.com> Tue, 11 April 2006 21:23 UTC

To: Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
From: Nathaniel S Borenstein <nborenst@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:22:55 -0400
Cc: dmsp@ietf.org, Jon Peterson <jon.peterson@neustar.biz>
Subject: [Dmsp] Re: DMSP BOF

My sense is that there probably is enough interest for a BOF, but that the
interested parties were underrepresented in the area meeting.  There might
actually be more interest in the app area, I'm not sure.  Would it help if
we came up with a list of parties who say they are interested in attending
a BOF?  Perhaps that would simultaneously validate the interest level and
give us more of an indication whether it really belongs in app or rai?
Does that sound like a reasonable next step?  -- Nathaniel

Cullen Jennings <fluffy@cisco.com>
04/10/2006 01:59 AM

Chris Cross/West Palm Beach/IBM@IBMUS, Jon Peterson
<jon.peterson@neustar.biz>
cc
<dmsp@ietf.org>, Nathaniel S Borenstein/Concord/IBM@IBMUS
Subject
Re: DMSP BOF

Hi Chris,

To be honest, I'm did not see the level of interest that something would
normally have to do a BOF. This was just my reaction watching the room and
I would have to much more formally go and find out what others thought but
I really don't want to get your hopes up on this. However, if you want to
know more about how to have a BOF, another IBM colleague wrote a good
draft about what it takes. Have a read of
draft-narten-successful-bof-01.txt. I am also quite sure that Nathaniel
knows more than he would ever want to know about doing a BOF :-)

Cullen