Feb 22, 2006 DMSP Telecon Notes Present: Jonathan Engelsma (Motorola) Gregg Daggett (IBM) George Refseth (Opera) James Ferrans (Motorola) 1. Jonathan provided a summary of Allison's response to request for BoF in Dallas. * "Need to grow more of an IETF Consituency" * Offered a timeslot on the RAI area meeting agenda in Dallas to gain some attention on the topic. Chris Cross (IBM) has committed to attending. 2. Jonathan suggested we canvas relevant working groups with an email announcing the url to DMSP draft, dmsp ietf mailing list info, and invitation to join our bi-weekly telecons. The two groups identified that are most relevant seem to be speechsc (RAI area) and widex (application area). Some discussion followed: George: Agrees the discussion needs to be opened up, but also suggests that providing more in the way of making an actual dmsp implementations available for experimenting, and how it fits into the bigger picture will help encourage interest/participation. Jonathan: In addition to broadcasting to mailing list, we also need to individually contact folks we know are interested. So far its been sort of a private discussion with a small number of companies collaborating together in this area. So far hasn't gotten much public visibility. There is concensus on emailing to relevant mailing lists and directly contacting potential participants to encourage broader participation. Probably want to reset the charter discussion a bit as new participants may likely bring different perspectives. Next call will be March 8, 10am Eastern. Group agreed on following proposed agenda: 1. Re-open charter discussion. 2. Chris Cross (IBM) to present IBM's experiences running DMSP over SIP.