Re: [dna] Applicability statement for Simple DNA (Providing text to resolve issue #11)

"Premec, Domagoj" <domagoj.premec@siemens.com> Wed, 24 September 2008 13:26 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:24:51 +0200
From: "Premec, Domagoj" <domagoj.premec@siemens.com>
To: Suresh Krishnan <suresh.krishnan@ericsson.com>, dna@ietf.org, JinHyeock Choi <jinchoe@gmail.com>, JinHyeock Choi <jinchoe@samsung.com>
Subject: Re: [dna] Applicability statement for Simple DNA (Providing text to resolve issue #11)
Sender: dna-bounces@ietf.org

I think that there may be cases where the host may benefit from simple DNA even when it attaches to a previously unvisited link. For example, as the host moves within the PMIP domain, the IPv6 prefix assigned to the host moves together with the host across ARs (MAGs). When attaching to a new link the host will see the new AR advertising the same prefix, but the old AR will not be reachable any more. In this case, the host should quickly update its default router to the address of the new AR to avoid loosing packets sent to the address of a previous default router. There is no need for the host to execute any address configuration/verification procedures. This would provide better handoveFrom dna-bounces@ietf.org  Wed Sep 24 06:26:02 2008