Re: [dns-privacy] [core] [DNSOP] WGA call for draft-lenders-dns-over-coap

Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org> Tue, 20 September 2022 16:18 UTC

From: Carsten Bormann <cabo@tzi.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 18:17:11 +0200
Cc: Martine Sophie Lenders <m.lenders@fu-berlin.de>, core@ietf.org, DNS Privacy Working Group <dns-privacy@ietf.org>, dnsop <dnsop@ietf.org>
To: Ben Schwartz <bemasc=40google.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dns-privacy] [core] [DNSOP] WGA call for draft-lenders-dns-over-coap

I think we are falling into the restatement antipattern.

This antipattern happens when documents restate mandates from their references, invariably creating confusion if this is just a restatement or actually new normative text that replaces or updates text from the dependency. Don’t do that.

Examples can be put into their own section and clearly marked as such.

Grüße, Carsten

Sent from mobile, sorry for terse