[dns-privacy] Erik Kline's Yes on draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-11: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 05 May 2021 04:30 UTC

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls@ietf.org, dprive-chairs@ietf.org, dns-privacy@ietf.org, tjw.ietf@gmail.com, tjw.ietf@gmail.com
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 21:30:32 -0700
Subject: [dns-privacy] Erik Kline's Yes on draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-11: (with COMMENT)

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls-11: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

for more information about DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dprive-xfr-over-tls/

COMMENT:

[[ questions ]]

[ general ]

* The appendix discussion of ALPN made me think that some ALPN
  recommendation might be worth mentioning.  The ALPN registry mentions
  "dot" and claims RFC 7858 as the reference.

  However, I wasn't able to find a reference to "dot" in 7858 (certainly
  not in the IANA section), nor in 8310 (which has only an empty IANA
  section).

  Now I'm wondering where the "dot" ALPN really came from.  Nevertheless,
  given this state of things, it best to continue to not say anything
  specific about ALPN use on these XoT connections?

  (I'm fully prepared to accept "yes" as an answer, but support others'
   ALPN concerns.)

[[ comments ]]

[ sections 8.4 and 12 ]

* Section 8.4 has MUST for two of three client authorization strategies,
  whereas section 12 has a lowercase "should" where these are listed for
  inclusion in an XoT policy.

  "Should" there be more agreement in use of requirements language?

[[ nits ]]

[ section 4 ]

* "The proposed mechanisms does not" -> "do not", or just "mechanism"?

[ section 6 ]

* "The term is used to encompasses" -> s/es//