[dnsext] Progress on moving the mailing list

Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com> Thu, 30 September 2010 21:28 UTC

Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 17:21:35 -0400
From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@shinkuro.com>
To: namedroppers@ops.ietf.org
Sender: owner-namedroppers@ops.ietf.org

Dear colleagues,

Some time ago, we said we were going to move the WG mailing list from
namedroppers@ops.ietf.org to dnsext@ietf.org.  This sort of fell off
the radar as it looked like the WG was running out of things to do & I
absurdly thought we might actually wind up or go back to sleep or
something.  But with the rechartering in motion, it seemed to me we
ought to make good on this.

We've started the process, so the list dnsext@ietf.org has been created.

At the moment, it has no members, and if you post to it your message
will be moderated (and then we'll reject it).

Over the coming period, we will subscribe all the existing
namedroppers members to the dnsext@ietf.org list.  You will receive a
message when this happens.  If you don't want to receive dnsext mail
messages, then please unsubscribe then, or unsubscribe from
namedroppers now.

We will ask the operators of the namedroppers list to put an alias
forwarding messaages to namedroppers instead to the dnsext list, and
not to accept new subscriptions to namedroppers.  You won't get
duplicate messages during the change over, and you won't lose mail to
the list.  There will probably be a short period when new messages to
the list are disallowed, and if you have filters that are using the
exiting namedroppers headers, you will need to update them.

I will post another announcement in the future with firm dates for the
cutover.  I will give people ample notice of the cutover date so that
they may update their filters.  In the meantime, the mail address will
be dnsext@ietf.org and the RFC 2369 headers will follow the pattern of
all the other lists hosted in the IETF mail infrastructure.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs@shinkuro.com
Shinkuro, Inc.