Subject: WG Review: Recharter of DNS Extensions (dnsext)
From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 15:15:01 -0400
List-Id: DNSEXT discussion <namedroppers.ops.ietf.org>

A modified charter has been submitted for the DNS Extensions(dnsext)
working group in the Internet Area of the IETF. The IESG has not made
any determination as yet. The modified charter is provided below for 
informational purposes only. Please send your comments to the IESG 
mailing list ([email-masked]) by September 4.

+++

DNS Extensions Working group (dnsext)
----------------------------------------

Last Modified: 2007-7-31

Current Status: Active Working Group

Chair(s):
Olafur Gudmundsson <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Director(s):
Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> 
Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> 

Internet Area Advisor:
Mark Townsley <[email-masked]> 

Mailing Lists:
General Discussion: [email-masked]
To Subscribe: [email-masked]
Archive: http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/

Description of Working Group:

The DNS has a large installed base and repertoire of protocol
specifications. The DNSEXT WG group will actively advance DNS
protocol-related RFCs on the standards track while thoroughly
reviewing further proposed extensions. The scope of the DNSEXT WG is
confined to the DNS protocol, particularly changes that affect DNS
protocols "on the wire" or the internal processing of DNS data. DNS
operations are out of scope for the WG.

The WG will limit itself to review of proposals for new extensions
and clarification to the DNS protocol, including DNSSEC. Adoption of
new work targeted for standards track will require changes to this
charter. The WG does not intend to hold face to face meetings, though
may do so if deemed necessary for resolution of a specific issue at
hand.

The DNSEXT WG will conduct the specified RFC2929bis review of RR
templates as they are posted and also maintain a living ID of errata
for the DNSSEC document set.

Milestones:
Aug 2007 RFC2536bis and RFC2539bis advanced to IESG.
Sep 2007 DNAMEbis advanced to IESG
Oct 2007 Forgery Resilience advanced to IESG

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/>