Re: [dnsext] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4343 (5112)

"John Levine" <johnl@taugh.com> Tue, 12 September 2017 22:18 UTC

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 22:15:00 -0000
From: John Levine <johnl@taugh.com>
To: dnsext@ietf.org
Cc: rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org
Subject: Re: [dnsext] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4343 (5112)

I would reject this or at most mark it as hold for update.  The word
"should" in lower case appears in two other places where it's not used
in the 2119 sense, and I think this one is not intended to be the 2119
sense either.  The sentence in question is describing the historical
situation, and the following capital MUSTs tell you what to do.

Having said that, if we ever revisit this document, it would benefit
from rewording to make it clearer when it is telling you what to do
and when it's just giving background.

R's,
John

In article <20170912194513.752D0B8114C@rfc-editor.org> you write: