Re: [dnsext] BOF on variants for ICANN San Francisco

Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us> Sat, 12 March 2011 22:47 UTC

Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 14:48:22 -0800
From: Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>
To: Kim Davies <kim.davies@icann.org>
Cc: Dennis Jennings <Dennis.Jennings@knous.ie>, "dnsext@ietf.org" <dnsext@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dnsext] BOF on variants for ICANN San Francisco

Kim,

I'm looking at the remote participation schedule
(http://svsf40.icann.org/svsf40/remote-schedule) and I'm not seeing this
meeting on it. Hopefully that will change, and if it does can you let us
know? :)  I think that there would be a tremendous benefit from having
an open door into how the ICANN community looks at this problem.

Doug

On 03/09/2011 10:10, Kim Davies wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> We are holding an informal birds-of-a-feather type meeting at the ICANN
> meeting in San Francisco. The idea is to discuss the work ongoing in
> both ICANN and IETF circles, and brainstorm how the work in both groups
> can benefit one another. A goal for the discussion is to identify how to
> best allocate resources to avoid duplicate work, as well as having
> ICANN's work help guide the IETF's scope of work, and vice versa.
>
> Anyone with an interest in the discussions on variant issues within the
> IETF and ICANN is welcome to attend.
>
> The meeting will be held at *2pm on Thursday 17 March*. The room is
> called Elizabethan D in the meeting venue, the Westin on Union Square.
>
> Also note there is a more formal, scheduled meeting on the agenda to
> discuss ICANN variant issues, specifically presenting case studies from
> different regions that may require variant solutions. This is separate
> to this BOF and is being held at Wednesday at 3pm (see
> http://svsf40.icann.org/node/22193). We will recap any relevant
> discussion from that meeting briefly in the BOF.
>
> kim
> (On behalf of ICANN's staff variant project team)

			-- OK Go