IETF is not interested in redefinition of the root servers?

Anssi Porttikivi <anssi.porttikivi@teleware.fi> Thu, 31 May 2001 14:14 UTC

From: Anssi Porttikivi <anssi.porttikivi@teleware.fi>
To: dnsop@cafax.se
Subject: IETF is not interested in redefinition of the root servers?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 16:55:13 +0300
Sender: owner-dnsop@cafax.se

If you folks on this list think this is not the right group for this topic,
I will not discuss it any more here. But regarding recent Internet drafts
like

S. Higgs: Alternative Roots and the Virtual Inclusive Root
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-higgs-virtual-root-00.txt

and

S. Higgs: Root Zone Definitions
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-higgs-root-defs-01.txt

and RFCs like

IAB Technical Comment on the Unique DNS Root
http://community.roxen.com/developers/idocs/rfc/rfc2826.html

there definitely seems to be interest within the "IETF" to such issues as
redefinition of the root name structures. Can you point me to the more
spesific right forums for this kind of discussion?