Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial

Hugo Salgado <hsalgado@nic.cl> Thu, 03 June 2021 13:39 UTC

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 09:39:24 -0400
From: Hugo Salgado <hsalgado@nic.cl>
To: Davey Song <songlinjian@gmail.com>
Cc: Tim Wicinski <tjw.ietf@gmail.com>, dnsop <dnsop@ietf.org>, dnsop-chairs <dnsop-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoption: draft-salgado-dnsop-rrserial

Hi Davey. Thanks for your support.
About the identification for resolvers, it's out of scope for this
draft, but nothing prevents the use of RRSERIAL and NSID in the
resolvers. Last paragraph of RFC5001 section 2.2 says so, and in
version -01 of this draft there'll be a relaxation by declaring the
use of rrserial in resolvers as undefined, thanks to Shane's
comments.

Of course the exact behavior needs to be defined more carefully, but
RRSERIAL would be a first step on that path.

Hugo