[DNSOP] Éric Vyncke's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-10: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Wed, 11 March 2020 13:59 UTC

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis@ietf.org, dnsop-chairs@ietf.org, dnsop@ietf.org, Tim Wicinski <tjw.ietf@gmail.com>, Suzanne Woolf <suzworldwide@gmail.com>, suzworldwide@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 06:59:56 -0700
Subject: [DNSOP] Éric Vyncke's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-10: (with COMMENT)

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis-10: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-7706bis/

COMMENT:

Thank you for the work put into this document. With the heavy load on this week
telechat and the workload related to the cancellation of the IETF-107 in-person
meeting, I must admit that this review was not as thorough as I had hope :-(

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENTs and NITs. An answer will be
appreciated to my first comment (and possible the other ones).

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

Out of curiosity, was it considered to run the 'mirror root' on one global
anycast address of the root server, e.g., 2001:7fd::1, and modify the root
cache to only have this one? (I am sure that you know that Linux can have a
'local' route for any IPv4/IPv6 address to the loopback)

-- Section 1 --
Very minor, s/their customers,/their clients,/ as there is not always a contract

s/during network attacks/during network attacks against the root servers/ ?

The sentence in parenthesis "(Although the..." is important and deserves a
paragraph on its own IMHO.

-- Appendix B --
"were checked recently" means little thing... can you replace with "March 2020"
?

-- Section B.1 --
I would have preferred the use of "::1" rather than "127.12.12.12;" in the
example...