[DNSOP] Murray Kucherawy's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Sat, 11 April 2020 06:46 UTC

From: Murray Kucherawy via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error@ietf.org, dnsop-chairs@ietf.org, dnsop@ietf.org, Tim Wicinski <tjw.ietf@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 23:46:20 -0700
Subject: [DNSOP] Murray Kucherawy's Yes on draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14: (with COMMENT)

Murray Kucherawy has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error-14: Yes

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-extended-error/

COMMENT:

Bigger things:

The introduction is great, but the last paragraph drifts into normative
language, which feels weird in an introduction.  I suggest moving that stuff
off to a later section, even a new one.

Section 1.1 should use the more modern form of BCP 14.

I may need more DNS clue, but I'm wondering why any of the SHOULDs in the first
paragraph of Section 3 are not MUSTs, or alternatively why I would ever deviate
from what they're saying.

Lesser things:

Section 1:
* "... and so the stub resolvers only ..." -- s/resolvers/resolver's/
* "... is returned again or the next ..." -- add a comma after "again"
* "... described in this document and can be used  ..." -- remove "and"

Section 4.4:
* "... unable to resolve answer within ..." -- "an answer" or "the answer"

Section 4.9:
* "... validation, but but no ..." -- s/but but/but/

Section 4.16:
* "... operator of the server being directly talked to." -- "being directly
queried", perhaps?

Section 4.25:
* "An authoritative server that cannot answer ..." -- remove "that", perhaps?

And with that, I'm off to check out Infected Mushroom.