[DNSOP] FYI, more comments on IETF "not having members"

Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com> Mon, 09 June 2008 17:59 UTC

Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:59:38 -0400
From: Dean Anderson <dean@av8.com>
To: iesg@ietf.org, iab@iab.org
Cc: dnsop@ietf.org, Gervase Markham <gerv@mozilla.org>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: [DNSOP] FYI, more comments on IETF "not having members"
Sender: dnsop-bounces@ietf.org

The frivolous, dishonest, and false statements in the January 15, 2008
IESG Appeal Response found at
[http://www.ietf.org/IESG/APPEALS/appeal-response-dean-anderson-01-15-2008.txt]
must be corrected.  Persons are begining to incorrectly claim that the
IETF has no members, and no ability to make official statements. In fact
numerous Official IETF documents refer to IETF members, and the IETF is
part of the Internet Society, Inc, a U.S. non-profit corporation.  The
ISOC is engaging in improper trade practices by misrepresenting its both
its incorporation status and its status as a part of a non-profit
membership corporation.

Dean Anderson
CEO
AV8 Internet, Inc