Re: [DNSOP] Changes since draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-13

Matthijs Mekking <matthijs@nlnetlabs.nl> Wed, 24 October 2012 14:36 UTC

Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 16:36:40 +0200
From: Matthijs Mekking <matthijs@nlnetlabs.nl>
To: dnsop@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Changes since draft-ietf-dnsop-rfc4641bis-13

Hi,

I am against changing the suggestion in Section 4.3.2, even though you
provide practices that in one legitimate case DNSKEY is preferred over
DS. Such a change would in my opinion have to go through the working
group and reach consensus there and I am afraid it is way too late for
that. I would not be surprised that after publication, we come up with
even more considerations that are also legit and could have been in the
incorporated into the document. But at this moment I would not like to
discuss changes that delay publication, unless there is detected
something fundamentally wrong with the document.

Also note that this is to be an informational RFC, not a BCP. The
document is not claiming that one approach is better than the other. It
merely provides considerations and provides arguments that can help
operators to make a well-thought decision.

Best regards,
  Matthijs