Subject: [DNSOP] Re: New Version Notification for draft-yorgos-dnsop-dry-run-dnssec-02.txt
From: "libor.peltan" <[email-masked]>
To: Mark Andrews <[email-masked]>
Cc: Yorgos Thessalonikefs <[email-masked]>, dnsop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2024 10:47:04 +0200
List-Id: IETF DNSOP WG mailing list <dnsop.ietf.org>

My point was that

example.com. IN DS49172 13 130 
e2c8c32fb3c40586e0dabc367bfde4368b8dff52a7ffc60f619c720ec7767320
example.com. IN DS49172 13   2 
e2c8c32fb3c40586e0dabc367bfde4368b8dff52a7ffc60f619c720ec7767320

is more equivalent (i.e. the change from the first to the second looks 
safer and more straightforward) than

example.com. IN DS49172 13 7 
02e2c8c32fb3c40586e0dabc367bfde4368b8dff52a7ffc60f619c720ec7767320
example.com. IN DS49172 13 2 
e2c8c32fb3c40586e0dabc367bfde4368b8dff52a7ffc60f619c720ec7767320

/Libor

Dne 18. 07. 24 v 10:27 Mark Andrews napsal(a):
> It would look like a regular DS. The only difference would be that the first byte of the digest would contain the sub type.   This is just internal structure of the digest.