Re: [DNSOP] [dnsext] Re: Priming query transport selection

Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com> Tue, 26 January 2010 02:32 UTC

Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:32:13 -0500
To: mayer@gis.net
From: Olafur Gudmundsson <ogud@ogud.com>
Cc: dnsop@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] [dnsext] Re: Priming query transport selection

At 00:38 24/01/2010, Danny Mayer wrote:

> >> Proposed replacement text:

>I'm not sure I understand the point to this part. Since this is a draft
>and you would be talking about the next versions of resolvers that would
>be expect to support this (as opposed to existing ones) why would you
>expect there to be any future resolver ignorant of DNSSEC? Aren't we
>trying to make DNSSEC mandatory for future resolvers?

While some of us hope all resolvers will support DNSSEC at some point
in the future,
there are resolvers that never will.
The paragraph as I tried to frame it is to not place onerous burden
on the system,
if a Resolver has no intention of validating anything it should
"consider itself as
DNSSEC ignorant".

         Olafur