Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoptions: draft-lhotka-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang

Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz> Wed, 04 September 2019 08:04 UTC

From: Ladislav Lhotka <lhotka@nic.cz>
To: Benno Overeinder <benno@NLnetLabs.nl>, DNSOP WG <dnsop@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 10:04:03 +0200
Subject: Re: [DNSOP] Call for Adoptions: draft-lhotka-dnsop-iana-class-type-yang

Hi,

has there been any conclusion regarding this adoption call? We tried to address the concerns that the YANG module is a snapshot of IANA registries, but I am not sure whether we succeeded or what should be done instead. So let me summarize:

- After the publication of this document, IANA will assume the
  responsibility for updating the YANG module with every change to the
  registry. No further involvement of DNSOP WG is needed.

- The aim of this I-D is to make the IANA registries available for
  data modelling in YANG. It explicitly doesn't try to rectify the
  contents of the registries, also because IANA could then hardly
  continue updating the YANG module on their own.

Is there any real problem with this approach?

Thanks, Ladislav