Re: [dnssd] draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02 feedback

Tom Pusateri <pusateri@bangj.com> Thu, 07 March 2019 22:04 UTC

From: Tom Pusateri <pusateri@bangj.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2019 17:04:23 -0500
Cc: draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates.authors@ietf.org, dnssd <dnssd@ietf.org>
To: youenn fablet <yfablet=40apple.com@dmarc.ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [dnssd] draft-ietf-rtcweb-mdns-ice-candidates-02 feedback

Ok, it was not obvious from all the components that the IP addresses were owned. In that case, I agree that normal mDNS applies and no extension to RFC 6762 is required.

Maybe a better description of which host is announcing the name and which host is resolving the name would help? Unless it’s all on the same host and then, why use mDNS?

Thanks,
Tom