[dnssd] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07: (with COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm> Wed, 29 November 2017 17:58 UTC

From: Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm>
To: "The IESG" <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid@ietf.org, Tim Chown <tim.chown@jisc.ac.uk>, dnssd-chairs@ietf.org, tim.chown@jisc.ac.uk, dnssd@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:58:23 -0800
Subject: [dnssd] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07: (with COMMENT)

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid-07: No Objection

introductory paragraph, however.)

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnssd-hybrid/

COMMENT:

This is a well written document. I have a few clarifying questions which I
think will improve the document.

In 5.3:

   To accomodate this difference in allowable characters, a Discovery
   Proxy SHOULD support having two separate subdomains delegated to it
   for each link it serves, one whose name is allowed to contain
   arbitrary Net-Unicode text [RFC5198], and a second more constrained
   subdomain whose name is restricted to contain only letters, digits,
   and hyphens, to be used for host name records (names of 'A' and

Am I correct that Punicode encoded A-Labels are still valid here? It would be
good to say so.

   'AAAA' address records).

5.5.4.  No Text Encoding Translation

   A Discovery Proxy does no translation between text encodings.
   Specifically, a Discovery Proxy does no translation between Punycode

Punycode needs an Informative reference.

   and UTF-8,